When choosing a veterinarian in Los Altos, CA, it is essential to find a clinic you trust. Nowadays, pet owners are investing more in the preventative care and well-being of their furry family members, which is why your choice of veterinary care matters. Here are some things to consider when looking for a veterinarian in Los Altos, CA:
- Location & convenience – Traveling to the right veterinary clinic is worth the extra time and mileage. But look for one that has hours and days of operation that fit within your schedule. Most clinics will have some after-work and weekend appointments available for your convenience.
- Cohesive teamwork – A good veterinary clinic is one in which everyone–from the veterinarian to the veterinary technicians to the supporting staff–work collaboratively to ensure your pet is receiving the best care possible.
- Comprehensive services – From basic wellness exams, vaccines, heartworm testing, and microchipping–to more comprehensive surgeries, diagnostics and dentistry–it is beneficial to have all of your pet’s care needs available in one place. Your veterinarian in Los Altos, CA should be able to provide you a variety of skilled services for your pet.
- Tailored treatment plans – Every animal is unique, which is why every animal’s veterinary care should be as well. A good veterinary clinic will provide tailored treatment plans for each patient based on their overall health, risks, and lifestyle.
- Owner education & resources – In addition to keeping up-to-date with the latest veterinary research, a good veterinarian in Los Altos, CA will be eager to share knowledge about your pet’s health needs. Look for a veterinary clinic with how-to videos, articles, and more so that you can have the tools you need to make informed medical decisions.
- Prescription and pharmacy access – Having easy access to prescription fulfillment, refills, and special diets will make your life much easier. A clinic with an online pharmacy and home delivery options is a great way to ensure your pet will always receive the supportive care it needs without having to wait!
- Trusted care – Your veterinary clinic should be easy to contact and set up appointments with, and should be able to assist you with emergency vet care, or provide you with referrals for trusted emergency clinics in your area. Your veterinarian will work with you to provide detailed information about your pet’s health and give you an opportunity to ask questions.
- Life-long commitment – Whether you are a new pet owner, or a seasoned animal-lover, your choice of a veterinarian in Los Altos, CA can have a lasting impact on your family. Choose a veterinary clinic that will be there for you throughout your pet’s life, helping you make the right decisions from your pet’s early development through its golden years.
The first step to invest in your pet’s well-being is to find a veterinarian in Los Altos, CA that is right for you. If you are ready to book an appointment, call Acadia Veterinary Clinic at 408-996-1030 or click on ‘Make An Appointment’ at acadiavet.com. We look forward to hearing from you!